Friday, June 24, 2011

Over the Edge

I rappelled down the 26 story XTO building downtown today. One of my bosses was a sponsor for the charity event benefitting Downtown Fort Worth Inc and was given 4 spots. I gladly accepted when she asked who from the office would like to participate. The closer we were to actually rappelling, the more nervous I got. Wasn't nearly as scary leaning back as I thought it would be though. And that was arguably the hardest part.

So glad that I got to be a part of this. It was too good of an opportunity to pass up. Great fun!!!

Some of you followed my blog stream during the event, but I will combine them here for those who didn't follow. I'm still working on gathering all the pictures/videos that all of my co-workers and friends took, but here are some from my iPhone.

About to go in the building and up the elevator - major butterflies!

on the elevator


On 24th floor in hold mode. 10 minutes behind schedule. Palms sweaty. Mouth dry.


Peter Parker!


Spiderman will save me if I fall. Somewhat less nervous now.

guys gearing up

on the roof (it's windy up here!)

down safely. tons of fun!
that concludes the live feed I was posting. Here are some more pictures that our volunteer got when I had to hand over my phone.



Brian


Kristin


Me


I'm on the left. Kristin is right

No comments: