Friday, May 22, 2009
I'm in denial. I can't believe my widdle baby is 6 months old! He is so much fun right now and I love that he is learning something new every day and I'm trying not to be sad, but it is very hard.
We've had a very busy month, which is why I haven't posted much. We've sold our house, bought our new home and are frantically packing to move on June 6. Yipes! The new house is super cool and we are excited to have more space to grow. We (mostly Andrew) didn't want a pool, but we couldn't pass up this house because of that one flaw - a flaw that I am now pretty pumped about! We are excited to have lots of swim time this summer with Logan, but we might be even more excited to see Lucy's reaction to swimming. She has loved her baby pool, but it was never deep enough for her. More on the move and the house later. . .
Logan was 6 months old Wednesday! He had his Dr. appointment this week and weighs 18 pounds 10 ounces. He is 27 1/2 inches long. He was following the 50% curves for both up until this appointment. Our boy did some serious growing and is now 75th for weight and 65th for height. I introduced Logan to fruits last weekend and he is enjoying them. I've re-introduced peas and he doesn't seem to hate them as much. Sweet potatoes are still his favorite. We are going to keep experimenting with a sippy cup and start on some finger foods now. Like I said in a previous post, he is rolling over constantly. He is also sitting up! He grabs at everything and brings it straight to his mouth. He has a few wooden rattles that he hits himself in the head with occasionally, which is pretty funny. . errrr, I mean sad. He is very aware of Lucy and reaches out to pet her. She usually lets him. We're keeping a close eye out to monitor her reaction when he tugs on her the first time.
What we love most about Logan right now:
1. How he bangs his hands by his side when he's either really excited or really mad
2. Waking him up in the morning to watch his smile at us
3. How he rubs his eyes with the backs of his hands when he's tired
4. How he hates the strapping-in process (carseat, stroller, high chair) and then is fine once it's over
5. Listining to him find his happy screaming voice
6. That he's a good sleeper
7. The way he studies everything he sees and how serious his face is while doing so
8. How he sighs like he's got something to say
9. When he blows his pacifier out of his mouth and it goes flying
10. His huge smile when he sees Andrew
Here is some video of Logan a couple weeks ago after a bath. He's obsessed with my cotton ball jar.