Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Special Day

Last Tuesday I poked my head into work for a few minutes and then went back to pick up Logan from school. He had a rough drop off that morning and I felt that he just needed a day of my undivided attention. It turned out to be just what we both needed. I resisted to urge to call friends for a play date and just made it a point to do whatever Logan wanted to do. That involved playing outside of course. It was still over 100 then, but thank heavens it has cooled off since!

I drew a track in chalk around our entire driveway (thanks to my friend Emily who I stole this idea from!). This was the smartest thing I have done in ages. I won HUGE bonus points with Logan who played on it for hours. Tricycle, tractor, push car - we had it all on the track.

I brought him in for a snack for a few minutes and we headed back outside. Logan spotted the pool and decided he wanted to swim. Well, okay!

Then it was time for lunch and nap. We stopped for a cookie at our favorite bakery on our way to pick Aaron up from school. It was a super special day!


1 comment:

Amy Cheshire said...

You really are such a fantastic mother. Logan and Aaron are so very fortunate to have you as their mother. Love you!!!