Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Logan update

Logan hasn't gotten out of bed but ONE time since we moved him to his big boy bed. It was during nap time one day the first week and I caught him playing at his train table. I gave him "the look" and he hasn't gotten out since.

AND since he was waking up dry in his pull-ups night after night, I started putting him to bed in underwear just a few nights after the bed switch. And there have been ZERO bed-wetting incidents.

He is such a rule-follower that I hear him on the monitor saying, "mommy, I need to go potty." He will lay there in bed until I come to get him. I'm hesitant to tell him that he can get up to do this himself. Afraid it may become our worst nightmare - another stall tactic.

It all happened so fast - potty training and big bed - I'm a little sad, really. We are so, so proud of our big boy. Aside from the normal 2s stuff (disagreeable on a daily basis), he is an absolute joy to be around - super silly and super smart.

I have a few Logan funnies written down, but I don't have my hands on them right now. One thing that I will never forget - and never let him forget either - is when we were talking about colleges and about where he might want to go (he says the one downtown by his school - Tarrant County College!). Anyhow, he said, "Mommy, you going to come in college with me?" Yes, buddy, Mommy will come with you for sure!!! Sniffle, sniffle.

Here's a picture of Super Frog's biggest fan by the fountain at the Alumni Center at TCU when we went to pick up our parking passes.I don't remember what he's pointing at. Helicopter maybe.

No comments: