Thursday, November 11, 2010

B.I.G. Boy

Logan went tee tee in the potty last night for the very first time! I asked him if he wanted to potty after I stripped him down for his bath. He usually just plays with the potty lid or stands on it to reach the lights.

Andrew and I were talking while his bath water ran and when I glanced at Logan I noticed some dripping, if you will. I noticed a small puddle on the floor, too. (I had removed the guard because he is very distracted by it). Logan looked at me, almost a little suprised himself, and said, "I did it Mommy!" There was lots of dancing, high-fiving, and cheering to follow.

I know that he may not do it again for months, but it was just so exciting! Then I sat on the couch and cried while Andrew put him to bed. Where did my baby go?

Logan also talks about poop a lot lately. He reached into his diaper the other day when the twins were here and freaked out when his fingers came out dirty. He was supposed to be settling down in his crib for a nap and then we heard him crying, which is very unusual for him once he's in bed. I went in to check on him and I have to admit that I was a little freaked out myself. Since then we talk about poop a lot. "Touch poop." "No, Logan, we don't touch poop." "Mommy touch poop." "No, Logan. Poop is yucky. We don't touch poop." "Henry touch poop." "Logan, poop is yucky and neither you or your friends should touch poop." And tonight while I was at a meeting I got a text from Andrew that said Logan kept pointing at his bean and cheese quesadilla during dinner and saying poop. What a boy!

Here's Logan the other night. Can't blog without pictures, right?

No comments: