Monday, September 21, 2009

10 Months


Logan was 10 months old yesterday. I don't want to talk about it really. Someone called him a little boy today and I almost lost it. I was quick to correct them and reassure myself that he is still a baby, a very little baby.

At 10 months Logan is saying Mama, dog ("guh"), ball ("bah"), and on Thursday he woke up pointing at things. Where does he get this stuff?! Now he points all the time - at the sky, at outside, at Lucy, at his ball, and he and Andrew have a clap and point at each other game that is fun to watch. And I really think he tells me "nuh, nuh" when I take something away from him. Oh dear. . .

Logan still only has two bottom teeth. He is eating more and more table foods - cheerios, cheeto puffs, mashed potatoes, some broccoli, string cheese. . .

He likes to push things around the house, especially our kitchen chairs. Since I've never done this before I can't judge how close he is to walking, but if I had to guess, I'd say VERY.

Logan is a great sleeper as long as I scatter a few pacifiers around his crib. We have taken away his paci except for naps and night. I know I should just take it away all together, but he just likes it so much and I don't think I'm ready for that yet.

Twice last week ladies said to me, "what a beautiful little girl!" I'm not offended, but I did have to call my mom for confirmation that I am dressing him like a boy - polos, blue pacifiers, , no pink, no hair bows - we agreed that I am. Usually when you say stuff like that about babies you are very confident in their gender, though, right? Weird.

Sweet boy, you make waking up each day very exciting. You are the light of mommy and daddy's lives. You are so fun right now, so smart, so curious, so funny. We know that God has big plans for your life and we are thrilled that we get to be a part of your journey. We love you Bug!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Sweet big boy.

Sami said...

I have never understood the wrong gender thing. With Jade, no matter the hair bow and dressing in head to toe pink people still said "he" is so cute, grrr....

Can't believe he is so big! Please post him walking when he starts in a couple days. ;)

Stephanie Rollins said...

Man he's cute, Marls. And he is so TOTALLY a boy. I don't get it! Course, some of derek's FAMILY still think Camden's a boy. Every time Uncle Tony from Colorado saw her at our family gathering he'd say "hey little fellow!" Logan is so handsome though, and looks like both of you I think. Mine's her Daddy...