Saturday, April 4, 2009


Boy am I glad that week's over! We are all better now and are getting our strength and appetites back. I don't know where to start, so I guess I'll take it from the top.

On Friday, March 20 we left for our annual trip to Palm Desert with Andrew's family. Logan was a great traveler once again until the last 20 minutes. As we were descending, he projectiled his entire bottle. . . on me. He didn't appear to be feeling bad, so we just guessed it was the pressure. We enjoyed our first night with the family and woke up Saturday morning to head to the street fair at the College of the Desert (a multitude of vendors selling endless amounts of crap you didn't know you needed - for the most part). We do this every year and it is always a great time. Except that I wasn't feeling well at all. We were supposed to have lunch with friends afterward and I kept trying to convince everyone, including myself, that I would be fine as long as I was sitting. Right before we met for lunch I changed my mind and made everyone go home. I was out the rest of the day. Stomach bug. (but I thought it was something I ate until. . . )

I was better the next day, but weak. My mother-in-law didn't get out of bed, though - stomach bug. Man did I feel guilty! Logan also projectiled 2 more bottles this day. Hmmm. . .maybe something is wrong with him!

My sister-in-law and father-in-law were also feeling bad, but different bad. Then the night before we left our two nieces, sleeping in separate rooms, BOTH threw up at about the same time. They had a flight to wake up for at 6 am, but the whole house was up at about 4. Luckily the girls were fine the rest of the day and travelled well. Andrew and his brother-in-law escaped the bug, but Matt called Andrew the day after we were home and said he wasn't feeling well. So Andrew wins the immune system challenge of 2009!

Or did he??? We arrived home from California on Tuesday (Logan projectiled again while taxi-ing to the gate in Dallas. . .on me.) and Andrew left for Detroit for work on Friday. I was home with Logan all weekend and he had a cold, but no more vomit. So you can imagine my excitement to have Andrew home on Sunday night to relieve me. Well, Andrew informs me after landing that he is coming straight home to bed. (excuse me?!) He isn't feeling well. I was upset because he had "wasted" two potential full nights of sleep on his trip.

Andrew missed 4 days of work last week. It was ugly. He was more sick than I'd ever seen him. Some virus they couldn't name. I got congested on Wednesday and it was down hill from there for me. I could hardly move on Thursday, so I loaded up Logan for school and came back home for the day. Fortunately by Thursday, Andrew could function and was able to take care of Logan that evening.

We were both back to work on Friday, but still not feeling 100%. Today has been MUCH better. On the plus side, we're back down to our ideal weights!

If you're still reading, you must need a hobby. Thanks for hanging in there.

What I learned from this: Being a mommy is hard. Being a mommy to a sick child is harder. Being a sick mommy is THE WORST!

Here are some pictures of our trip. It wasn't the best trip we've ever had, but it was still a good time and we always love being with family. Sorry for the bug everyone!

Addison, Olivia and Logan

Mimi and Grandpa with the grandkids

Mimi and Logan

Olivia loves holding Logan

Addi helping Logan with his pacifier

Grandpa and Logan


Rachel said...

Oh wow Marlie, you poor thing! I would have L.O.S.T I.T. if I had been expecting a break after being sick and not gotten one. You are so tough.

I love that first picture- whoever took it needs to come get a killer pic of my 3 for me.

Love ya!!

ps- Logan looks more and more like my nephew... CUTIE PIE!!

Audrey Hooks said...

My friend - you have the special gift of making a truly gross situation absolutely hilarious. I was one of those people without a lifre who read the entire entry. Miss you - Aud