Monday, August 11, 2008

Hello Internet!

I am 26 weeks pregnant today. With little one's arrival quickly approaching I thought I'd better get this portion of our life organized before it gets crazy. Next I will dry clean the carpet, scrub the baseboards and try not to be a know-it-all as I watch Andrew put the crib together.

With my parents in San Antonio, Andrew's in Omaha, and friends and family scattered across the country, we've received many hopeful inquiries about whether or not we would be bloggers. I've casually responed yes to everyone, but with the disclaimer that I do not promise to be good at it. You probably won't see a new posting every day or even week. I'm one to get frustrated by lazy bloggers, but don't judge me - I've got the disclaimer!

We just returned from our summer visit to Omaha, which was our last planned trip for the year. Now I can focus on getting the nursery and house prepared for our sweet boy's grand entrance into our world. His bedding is here and I got a voicemail just as we boarded our flight this weekend that his furniture has arrived as well! Pictures will follow soon once our guest room looks less like a pile of light blue fluffiness and more like a nursery.

And yes, he has a name - Logan Allen Thomas

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Whoo-hoo!! Welcome to the world of blogging Marlie!! Now we just need either a preggers pic or a Lucy pic.

Karyn Hatch said...

Yea! Another blog to read! Ali told me that you were pregnant! Congrats! I hope you guys are doing well! I agree with Rachel...we need a preggers pic....I'm sure you're adorable!

Sarah Branum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Marlie,
It's Kim Tipton, coordinator for First Steps. Glad you shared your blog with me. We are so excited about your little one! We are praying for you!

Unknown said...

hey there, marlie! thrilled that we can follow along with you via your blog. what fun. love the name logan and i must agree with these obviously brilliant women that your blog is incomplete without the belly pose. you looked great at the reunion and i have no doubt that you are positively radiant. cant wait to read more soon. love from the whole painter crew!

Anonymous said...

Marlie, Your dad is proud that you have joined the world of blogging. This way I can keep up with you.

Sarah Branum said...

Yeah! I love the name Logan. I can't wait until you start loading pictures up of his room and your belly. Love ya

Anne said...

This means I have to learn how to respond. I couldn't figure out how to sign 'Nonny' since I already have an account I don't know how to use that says 'Anne'. Oh well, you'll know it's me.

Unknown said...

Nice going Marlie; may I recomend Corey as a webmaster? He's got serious 'puter skills.