Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 4th Weekend

Let's do that again! We had a super fun, super relaxing long 4th weekend. Andrew was in a golf tournament on Saturday, but mom was here by noon to help and play. We stayed home all day and just played outside, then inside, then outside again. Sunday we skipped church on purpose (gasp!) and played and relaxed some more. I ran some errands to prepare for our party on Monday and then mom went to Dallas to grab dad from the airport and we all met for Mexican food. Dad preached in Harlingen that morning and flew straight up afterward. This is our third July 4th celebration in this house and my parents have been here each year to celebrate with us. I think a tradition is forming.
After dinner we came home and I put Aaron down, dad and Andrew hung out by the pool, Logan drove circles around the yard in his tractor (more on the tractor later - just realized I haven't posted about it). Then mom and I took Logan to watch the fireworks from the Fort Worth Symphony's Concert in the Garden. We found a great spot very near the park with a completely unobstructed view. I'm so excited to return to this secret spot for years to come! As I suspected, Logan was terrified by the noise. He insisted I plug his ears so that his hands would be free to cover his eyes. I tried to convince him to peek, but I'm pretty sure he didn't. Of course now he talks about fireworks all the time and is asking to see them again.
Monday morning was our neighborhood parade. We loaded up and headed to the main drag to watch with our neighbors.Asher, Logan and Olivia


AJ and Aaron


Jenn and Aaron


The Tookes (left) and Beards (right)



Then, THEN. . .we headed home and welcomed our neighbors and friends for the inaugural Thomas July 4th Bash. We had a water slide and margarita machine brought in and served pulled pork sandwiches and hot dogs. It was so much fun to hang out with our friends all day. I think we had almost 50 people out there. We are so excited about our new tradition!


Aaron and Mrs. Roach. She and Mr. Roach live right across the street and enjoy our boys.


Hannah (Kim and the girls came right after nap time and had the pool all to themselves at that point)

Lexie

Katelyn and Liz



Drew and Logan. Logan was timid at first, but after Andrew and I took him up just a few times he got the hang of it. He must've done it 50 times by himself. He took a 4 hour nap afterward.

Our friend Ivy and her boys

I wish we had gotten more pictures. Next time.

No comments: